My bicycle trek across the United States starts on June 19, 2008 and runs across our northern border with Canada. From the state of Washington, across the northern tip of Idaho, diagonally south east through Montana, touching Wyoming briefly, across South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, then across Lake Michigan by boat, continuing across Michigan, through Ontario to New York, across Vermont, New Hampshire and finally Maine; from the Pacific to the Atlantic, just under 4,000 miles.
It is something I have wanted to do for a while now. I started riding seriously about 8 or 10 years ago, club rides and week long intra-state rides. This ride is present to myself, a test of stamina and will, not to mention ability and health; 2 months of nothing but riding and seeing the country.
Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?
I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201
the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb
Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?
I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201
the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb
Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html
No comments:
Post a Comment