Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Nine - June 30 to Libby Montana


A Montana vista in the morning quiet


A glimpse of the coming Rockies in the background


The fast group. Well, I left early and they caught up, although I am getting faster and stronger.


What?


Typical


My favorite sign


With Earl and Jim


Kootenai Falls


Craig and Teri who so generously welcomed us into their beautiful home to take showers after a long hot ride. THANKS!!!


An old married couple. He's dozing she's sewing.

The forecast for today called for clear and hot in the 90s, so I left early, around 6:00 AM. It was 51 degrees. By the time I got off the bike at 2:30 PM it was 91, for a swing of 40 degrees which I understand is common in Montana.

I have been experiencing fatigue at about mile 60 on 75 mile days. My legs begin to feel leaden and it's a chore to pedal. But I work through it. I stop, have a snack, some water and stretch, even jog a bit and then continue at a leisurily pace.

I also found that hills don't faze me anymore. They are just more work, but I'll get through it at a slow pace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

elohim camp...love it..mmm the boys are everywhere....excellent pix