I dallied in the small town of Davenport, had a great chocolate shake and visited the local museum, mostly old farm equipment, old photographs and historical artifacts. It was interesting. The shake energized me, as I was zooming along afterwards, though it really was the tailwind.
It's nice to be in a city again and I have tonight and all day tomorrow to explore Spokane. Tomorrow is our first rest day.

A farm that caught my eye

Weeds on the side of the road

This was a new motor home an hour ago. Keeping the wheat fields from burning is a high fire department priority.

Entering Spokane

What? I forgot to pack my water balloons.
5 comments:
Found the place to leave the comment after I sent the email. The photos are great! What America truly is. Our hearts are riding with you and the pictures and stories are wonderful.
Andrea
reading your summeries and understanding the amount of effort you put in riding, taking pictures and writing, I just feel jelous of you doing it without me. I hope to join the group one day and ride too.
watch you knees!!
Good luck
Shimon
Port Washington
,but water balloons are permitted elsewhere on campus. In fact they are encouraged. Water balloons may be purchased in our water balloon department in the college bookstore….hey, education costs are rising, we have to make a buck somehow…Things are so slow here that we even allow wild and crazy bike riders with their water balloons…signed the Dean of Students , Gonzaga U…(some think that’s an epithet…..well , same to you, buddy #%* !!). btw don’t forget to visit our sister school in the east, Gazunta U , specializing in the health sciences, odd diseases, and unbelievable phobias….be sure you visit their crazy hat department…now I ask you, isn’t this more fun than a barrel of monkeys…mmmm I think I have new idea….as always … Groucho Marx
Sol,
Have been following the group. Pastor Paul of Waterville asked about the progress yesterday. After he left, I checked your blog and caught the note about the bear! Grrrr! Sorry about the computer, looking forward to reading more when you get your other computer on Monday. Meanwhile, I found Nancy's journal and have caught up with your progress. Good luck,
Cathy at Blue Rooster bakery, Waterville
hello you amazing bikers
checked up on you all today glad your doing well.the photos of the scenery are just beautiful and we must just get another trip over to your beautiful country.Jim maybe you could drive us over the route in the comfort of your car?!!!
Pauline and Tony in England
Post a Comment