Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Day Three - June 23 to Leavenworth, Wa


After a long climb, donning warmer clothes for the rapid, cool descent


Not climbing these


My office




Today's ride was 53 miles. I climbed for the first 17 miles. The last 4 were 7% grade. It took almost 3 hours for the 17 miles with an altitude gain of 3500 feet. Then I flew down the next 9 miles in about 18 minutes. I was warned about the long downhill so I put on all the warm clothes I had. The rest of the day was up and down with more down then up.

The countryside is the Cascades, green, lush and damp with rapidly flowing rivers roaring alongside the road at this time of the year. This is the Washington state of the vacation guides.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a 1/2 share..looks like a good place for the month of August...great pix...Jay

Anonymous said...

nice pictures. sounds/looks like the views are excellent.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Nice ad for Garmin. Did you think to get them as a sponsor?