Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Rest Day 6 (final rest day) – August 14 Niagara Falls

Today was our last rest day before the push through NY, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. The end is in sight.

I spend the day being a tourist. I went on the “Maid of the Mist” boat to the falls, walked under the falls, and along the rapids and whirlpools, visited the butterfly conservatory and had dinner at the Chinese buffet in one of the casinos.



Jim, Mike and I, getting on to the Maid of the Mist


View from the boat


Another


Walking near the falls


The Rapids, category 6, below the falls


Feeding butterflies


Flowers


Butterflies at the Butterfly Conservatory


Attacking me


They liked Bill


Plant, not insects


Cute


Pretty


It was a beautiful afternoon
This was not photoshopped


******** End of Day Entry *********

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With your rainbow pic you could start a cult

Anonymous said...

By saying the rainbow pic was not photoshopped are you implying all the rest from all the other days were.....aha ! ACT(Anon Conspiracy Theorist)

Anonymous said...

If you have any pictures walking on the Class VI rapids I will join your cult....It's all good!