I ran across a group of about 80 canoeists that were paddling down the upper Mississippi River for a week. They camped on the banks of the river at Winona. I posted some pictures.
Nancy holding up a map showing our progress so far
The gang before today’s ride. We left as a group to cross as a group over the bridge we were not supposed to be on. The alternatives were too long.
Waiting for the truck to block the traffic behind us
Crossing the bridge with the truck behind us
Upper Mississippi River at one of the locks
The barges have only a few inches on either side within the lock
A live bait vending machine. This is not NYC
View of the trail
View of the trail
View of the trail
A novel solution
Nancy taking a break on the trail
4 comments:
Re: the live bait machine..I zoomed in on the buttons. 2 were for "Premium Night Crawlers" ($5). 1 button was for Leaf(??) Worms ($3).and what do you wash them down with? Coke? After all "things go better with Coke"
Great pix.. I feel like I'm there...Jay
Great pix...I feel like I'm there and glad that I'm not...not Jay... and because I'm not it's all good.
As long as you're not all tied up in a knot, because that's not good. It's always important to know what's not a knot ...have I not made that clear?....good.. as opposed to all good...now say all that after a few drinks or not
Post a Comment