Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Forty Seven – August 11 to Port Burwell, Ontario


The Daily Horse – the mask keeps the flies away, the horse can see through


me in Port Stanley on Lake Erie


in jail in Port Stanley on Lake Erie


a mural on a tank


Golem Fishery – they’re out of business, no surprise


The Fire Department


Canadian roads have gravel shoulders, so I ride on the road


The Canadian coast of Lake Erie is not developed (opportunity)


The ride was gorgeous


A duck relaxing


This area has an enormous number of windmills


Some of us at dinner at the campgrounds


It was talent night. John was serenading me. “Are you lonesome tonight…”
He thinks he’s Elvis


Mike doing standup – who knew?



Larry’s telling a joke – He's really enjoying it.


Tim’s trying to do "Walk Like An Egyptian"



************** End of Day Entry *************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume your contribution to the talent show was a belly dance....unfortunately everyone was laughing so hard no one thought to take a picture....it's all good

Anonymous said...

So you did get to Port Stanley? Did you see a boardwalk with an orangeade stand called Mackie's?.....Jay

sdw said...

I didn't. Is it still there?