Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Thirty Eight – August 2 to Portage, Wisconsin

Wisconsin has an extensive network of rail-to-trail bicycle and multi-use trails. We were on the the trails for a good part of today's ride.

Today I rode another century, over 100 miles. This is the third one on this ride and it's not such a big deal anymore. The one in South Dakota was much worse, bucking headwinds all day. Today's winds were mostly irrelevant. It just takes a long time. I was in the saddle for a bit over 7 hours.


The Daily Horse


They kept their tails toward me. Hmmm…


Dolly the Llama, or Al the Alpaca?
It's Al


the trail goes through a long old rail tunnel


on the trail through the tunnel. It is dark in the tunnel so I used my head lamp.


A roadside plant


Cindy always has a smile


Leopold, you know who


The rustic road


The Wisconsin River

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re-Portage....this is from Wikipedia..Portage refers to the practice of carrying a canoe or other boat over land to avoid an obstacle on the water route (such as rapids or a waterfall in a river), or between two bodies of water. A place where this carrying occurs is also called a portage, while a person doing the carrying is called a porter.