Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Forty Six – August 10 to Ridgetown, Ontario

Today I started out going slow and dallying, and then sped up as the rains began. Today was our longest ride in the rain; about 2 hours of steady rain. It’s actually quite amazing that we have been caught in so little rain in forty five days of riding.

I crossed the St Lawrence, no the St Clair river at Marine City, Michigan and entered Canada where I will ride to Niagara Falls and cross back into the US.



The Daily Horse – does a unicorn count?


Nancy’s in the lead – Marlene’s waving, then Mike, Bill and Jim


Heeeeere’s Johnny


and smiling Cindy – seems to have recovered well from her fall 2 days ago


and together – it wasn’t sunny and warm this morning


“Rocket Man” Jim’s back!


Statue


Statue with us


and with more of us


hmmmm...


St Lawrence


In Marine City, Michigan


On the ferry to Canada


Looking back toward the US


Jim took this as we were flying along at 20 mph


St Lawrence from Canada – lots of Canadian flags flying


Tobacco, I think


Me, emerging from amid the tall corn
Then the rains started and I wrapped the camera in plastic and rode as fast as I could



***** End of Riding Day Forty Six – August 10 to Ridgetown, Ontario *****

************************************************************************

2 comments:

Lorie and Jim said...

You crossed the St. Clair River, not the St Lawrence River.

Jim and Lorie H.

sdw said...

Thanks for the correction!