Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Forty Five – August 6 to Columbus, Michigan

Yesterday’s intentions, to take my time, went out the window today. Thunderstorms were forecast for the early afternoon so we rode like the wind. I rode with Larry and Jon who are the fastest of the group. They led and I drafted. At about mile 60, where I seem to hit a wall every day and need to slow down, they slowed to wait for me even though I urged them to take off and beat the rain. We all got in before the rain, which didn’t start until after 3:00. Then it came town in torrents.

Today was probably my fastest day; 82 miles averaging over 18 miles an hour. Thanks Larry. Thanks Jon.

I didn’t stop for many pictures during the ride, so I almost missed the “Daily Horse”. I mentioned that to Patty who prepared dinner for us, so she sent me home with her kids Danielle and Chris to get pictures of their horses. So here’s Nike, Joker and… oh my I forgot the name of the brown horse. Forgive me, Danielle




The Daily Horse – That’s Nike and she’s full grown


That’s Danielle and Joker


Joker has one blue eye


and one brown eye


and the brown


I liked the rock and the treatment on someone’s lawn


I didn’t stop for the stuff


Tuning gears on the side of the road; not untypical


Our shower cabana – I’m supposed to put it up when we use it, though Jon who’s always in early doesn’t wait for me to take his shower. We run a hose and a shower head. It works great


Jim and his daughter


Patty, and her kids Danielle and Chris. They prepared a feast for us!


A rainbow after the downpour


End of Day
******************************************************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

re-horse with different colored eyes..reminds me of the Crystal Gayle song "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue"... but I don't think she meant 1/2 Blue... Jay

Jokersgurl08 said...

Hey just so you have it for later, the brown one is Raider. Hope everyone there is doing good. It was really good to meet all of you.

Danielle

sdw said...

and is was fun meeting you, your family and your horses. Good Luck in your new school adventure.