Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Eighteen - July 10 to Harlowton, Montana

Today was the most difficult day so far. Probably my most difficult ride ever. Seventy miles, of which the last 42 were into wind coming at us at our nose and from the right side between 20 and 40 miles and hour. We struggled uphill and downhill. It was the first time I had to pedal down hill. I told Larry and Jon, who are faster then I am, to continue ahead but they refused. Instead they slowed down and Larry rode in front and to my right to try and block the wind. What a ride. We were all exhausted at the end of the day.


Typical scene for today


Remnants of a ghost town


Marlene with riders in the background.


Montana, being intelligent


Ubet


Larry finding the only shade in midday Montana


Look for the Union Label


The rhubarb lady at the rhubarb festival; pies, crisps, ice cream, punch and syrup. Delicious!


Doing what we do best - eating, again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice on the ghost town pic, that the bank closed in 1929.

Anonymous said...

re-Ubet pic...so is that the origin of Fox's U-bet...maybe the first egg cream was in Montana...again....Who knew? ...Jay on this and the comment above