Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Twenty Three - July 15 to Gillette, Wyoming

Today’s was a long ride, 72 miles, all on the interstate highway I-90. There was only one place to stop, at about mile 32, to refill our water bottles, so we all carried extra water. I secured my third bottle on the rack behind me, but somewhere along the way it disappeared. It must have rattled off without me noticing. So I finished the ride nursing my remaining water.

Gillette is a boom town built on coal and methane, a new energy center. Wyoming is not a poor state.




Today's ride along the interstate


The view from the interstate


The view from the interstate


Drilling for energy

No comments: