Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Twenty Nine – July 23 to Fort Thompson, South Dakota

Total miles 1994
Time on the bike today was 7 hours and 7 minutes

Today we had another long day fighting the wind, and tomorrow looks the same. What happened to the prevailing west winds? Oh well, I’ll grin and bear it.



Me on yesterday’s ride. Marlene took it while we were riding next to each other. Taking pictures while riding is becoming the contagious.


The Daily Horse


A Lonely House. There's a story here that I don't know.


They are quite large


Yup


Turtle on the road, that I almost ran over


Jim saves the turtle


Vista on the way to the Missouri River


The Missouri River – and the transition from the West to the Mid-West

1 comment:

KC said...

Those turtles need all the help they can get - I saved a bunch on my trip in 2000... just make sure it's not a snapping turtle. I almost made the mistake of 'rescuing' one on the bike path somewhere in MN.

-Kendall (Jim Church's daughter)