We are staying at an Inn in this little of town of Stanford home to about 600 people, not to be confused with the Stanford in California. I stopped at the friendly library, as I do in most towns, to get a flavor of the town and an internet connection. It appears that most of the this area is down, no internet, long distance phone service or cellular service because a fiber optic line was cut about 100 miles to the east. It's like the days of the telegraph, when the wire is cut there was no service.
I had a funny conversation with the sweet librarian. She came from Maine about 30 years ago and she said that at first she thought she would fall off the face of the earth because there were no trees as anchors. It's is big sky country.
Vastness
Road
First US missile silo site, they are all over Montana
More
Sheila bakes the best pies. After I had slices of the blueberry and the cherry pies, I told her that "I was moving in". All she wanted to know was, "Do you snore". My group erupted in laughter.
1 comment:
Look at that....as soon as he gets rid of that stupid shirt the babes are all over him!!
Post a Comment