Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Thirty One – July 25 to Brookings, South Dakota

The rim on my rear wheel cracked today, so I borrowed Ken’s extra rear wheel until we got to Brookings where I found a used Mavic Helium, exactly the same as the one that was cracked. “It was used by a little old lady going to church on Sunday”, I was told. We’ll see how it holds up.



Today it's pheasant instead of the horse


Maybe it's the agriculture branch


Destroyed by a tornado on Jun 24, 2003. This is all that was left


Latest photo of the office. New additions are iPod and speakers. GPS, Heart Monitor and Bicycle Computer were featured in a previous picture


and what is a Smet?


Wheat ready for harvest


New game, guess what crop.


Eastern South Dakota is getting greener and wetter. We are close to Minnesota and it’s now the mid west.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On your "office" where is the espresso machine?.every good bike should have one, don't you think?.....did you have pheasant under glass?...it's all good or better or best...

Anonymous said...

Pierre-Jean De Smet
Missionary among the North American Indians...maybe named after him...signed De Googler