Days ridden: 60
Rest Days: 6
Miles traveled so far: 4,086
Hills climbed: too many
Altitude gain: ?

I entered the stops of my route in Microsoft's map.live.com:
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=3A01ED3CB8400EC5%21201

the same in maps.google.com
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103003659586247200591.00044cf9f55d6faada5bb

Click here for the cast of characters
http://mybiketrek.blogspot.com/2008/06/cast-of-characters-not-yet-complete.html

Riding Day Fifteen - July 6 to Choteau, Montana

Today’s ride was toward the east for the first part with a crosswind and towards the south for the second part with a tailwind for a total of 60 miles. The ride was pretty uneventful. We’re on a high plateau with the terrain varying from about 3,000 to 4,500 feet with the Rocky Mountains off to west in the distance.

I rode with Margaret for the whole ride. She rides pretty much at the same speed as I do and stops as often for pictures. She’s a downhill speed demon!




field with Rockies in the distance


the long road


me, riding along


Maraget, wearing her Glacier jersey


Farmhouse with the Rockies in the distance. The Rockies have clouds over their western edge, that are held back by the mountain currents, meteorology in action


Small oil well amid the crops, common in this part of Montana



The view all day, breathless




There’s a story here


Clouds are catching up, but no rain


I have an audience


"You wanna make something of it?"


Our friends


Margaret trying to bribe them with food to get them closer


Then I try, finally I throw a half a peanut butter cracker on the ground thinking that once he tastes it he’ll be back for more. He doesn’t fall for it, but she, the blond, does taste it, and…


"Yuck!"


Home for the night


and their dinosaur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You caught a great photo on the "Yuck" pic. The blonde horse is a ham. She knows how to pose. Zoom in on her eye, and you see she's looking at the camera. Looks like she's having more fun...after all she is a blonde. Tell her I know an orthodontist who can correct her overbite...check "dem" teeth out......mmmm I just noticed the horse might be a "he"...can't tell from the pic..Jay